Motor Insurance

It has been mandated by law (Motor Vehicle Accident Victims Act of 1992), all vehicles registered for use on public roadways must take out liability insurance to cover bodily injury or death arising from a car accident. But the coverage under this compulsory insurance is very limited and does not cover property damage or bodily injury claims in excess of the very limited compulsory cover. Normally, car owners will also purchase voluntary insurance, which covers third party liability and physical damage to the vehicle insured. The coverage for third party liability under voluntary insurance includes bodily injury (in excess of compulsory insurance) and property damage (i.e. car or other property belonging to third party).